Vivico sells Roemischer Hof in Berlin
The Roemischer Hof on the famous Unter den Linden boulevard in Berlin was sold by Vivico to an investor for a total of around 50 million Euros. The listed building is situated on the corner of Unter den Linden and Charlottenstrasse and has a total of 9,500 m² of rental space. Jones Lang LaSalle acted as consultant for the sale.
The Roemischer Hof was one of the last big, historic structures on the splendid Unter den Linden boulevard to be modernised. The building was constructed between 1865 and 1867 as the "Hotel de Rome" and in 1910 it was given a new lease on life by architects Berndt & Lange as an office building under the name "Roemischer Hof". Under Communism, first the national railway authority, then the Bulgarian centre for culture and information and the East German state travel agency had their headquarters there. Since 2000, the bookseller Berlin Story and the club Cookies, among others, had been using the Roemischer Hof.
In 2005 Vivico began a development project and, at great expense, the building was gutted and restored. Bomb damage from the Second World War has been repaired with a modern glass insertion in the façade. The opening followed in September 2006. Today, alongside the Ferrari showroom, you'll find tenants like the E-Plus Group, the international publishing house Condé Nast and Italian Systems for Business in the building.